Christmas Almond Maple Loaf
Recipe: Christmas Almond Maple Loaf
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Time: 20 min + 35 min baking
For the loaf:
2 cups almond meal
½ cup tapioca flour
½ cup coconut flour
¾ cup coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
½ cup almond milk
2 chia eggs
¼ cup olive or coconut oil
For the icing:
1 serve (25g) Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1 cup nut butter of choice
1-2 tsp cinnamon
Maple syrup to taste
Dash of almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Place all of the ingredients for the loaf into a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Add mixture into your prepared loaf pan and place in the oven and bake for 35 mins or until golden brown.
- While the loaf is cooking, prepare the icing. Add the nut butter, protein, cinnamon and a dash of milk to a small bowl. Mix with a spoon, adding more milk to the mixture until you achieve your desired icing consistency. Taste and sweeten with maple syrup, mixing again to combine.
- Once cooked, remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Top with icing, berries, and chocolate. Store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.