Protein Mac ‘n’ Cheeze
Recipe: Protein Mac ‘n’ Cheeze
Vegan, gluten free option, nut free
Time: 20 min
- 1 cup Macaroni (or gluten free pasta alternative)
- 2 ½ cups soymilk or other unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 serve (25g) of Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions.
- In a separate medium-sized pot, stir your soymilk over a low heat slowly whisking in the nutritional yeast, onion powder, dill, white miso paste, tamari, ground paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Once combined, slowly add the Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein, and whisk continuously to ensure the mixture doesn’t clump.
- Whisk over a low heat for a further 2 minutes until combined and smooth – do not let it boil!
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and pour your pasta into the pot of cheeze sauce and mix until combined. Let the pasta sit over a low heat for a further 2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken further.
- Serve with a grating of plant-based parmesan and some paprika, or fresh cracked pepper and chopped parsley.
Nutritional yeast is a delicious vegan substitute for cheese. It is also rich in B12