Recipe: Breakfast Bruschetta
Vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free, vegan option
Time: 15 mins
- 1 punnet (250g) tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tsp extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 2-4 slices of Nuzest Protein Power Bread (see recipe below)
- 2-4 free range eggs (omit if vegan)
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a small mixing bowl.
- Finely dice the red onion and add to mixing bowl.
- Roughly tear the basil leaves into the bowl too. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix and set to the side.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and cook the eggs. While the eggs are cooking, place the bread into a toaster and toast.
- To plate up, place the bread onto a plate and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Cut the garlic in half, then rub it all over the surface of the toasted bread. Top each piece of bread with the tomato mixture and finish by adding the cooked egg. Season with salt and pepper, then serve.
Nuzest Protein Power Bread
Time: 2 hours
1 serve (25g) Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
½ cup quinoa flakes
1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup almonds
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 tbsp psyllium
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp maple syrup (or xylitol for keto)
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted, but not hot)
1 tbsp avocado oil
- Mix the quinoa flakes, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, psyllium, and salt together in a bowl.
- Blend the Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein, water, melted coconut oil and avocado oil in a food processor until well combined.
- Add the almonds to the blender and pulse a few times to break the almonds up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour this mixture into a greased loaf tin and allow it to sit on the kitchen bench to set. One hour is enough, however overnight is even better.
- Bake at 175°C for 20 minutes and then remove the bread from the baking tin. Put the bread on a wire rack and bake for a further 20 mins.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing. Store in an airtight container.
Including a source of protein at breakfast keeps you feeling fuller for longer. If eggs aren’t your thing, try adding some scrambled Tofu instead.
Did you know that you can support vital MS research AND treat yourself to some delicious, nutritional goodies? Shop with Nuzest today – you’ll get 15% off and Nuzest will donate a further 15% of your purchase to help Kiss Goodbye to MS!